Stay-at-home orders are lifting!
Welcome to Smiles of Orange! As Orange County stay-at-home orders begin to lift, the information below highlights our new safety protocols following the California Department of Public Health. These new protocols are in addition to our existing, extensive, infection control protocols:
- Pre-appointment screening questions: We will ask a series of questions before your appointment over the phone or via email.
- Taking your temperature: Before entering the treatment room to check for fever. Everyone, including employees, will be screened with a health questionnaire and forehead temperature reading daily.
- Check-in: Text or call us when you arrive and wait in your car. We are limiting the number of people in our reception area and have removed magazines.
- Face masks: Each person in the office will be required to wear a mask (including us), our team will let you know when to remove the mask for your appointment.
- Parents & Guardians: We ask that only one guardian attend the appointment with their dependent.
- We have new medical-grade HEPA air filtration units in every treatment area and throughout the office!
- Once in the operatory we will ask you to pre-rinse with a hydrogen peroxide-based rinse to lower the pathogens in your mouth.
- We will continue to use high speed suctioning and isolation tools when generating aerosols (Purevac HVE, DryShield, Rubber Dams)
- We will have additional PPE including hair coverings, long jackets, faceshields and N95 or higher masks
We are committed to keeping you safe and healthy! We anticipate resuming regular hygiene visits by May 26, 2020 and are rescheduling many patients that we had to cancel due to the closure. Thank you for your patience as we reach out. We can’t wait to see you!